Coral Gold Nail Art... for dummies.

That I'm not very good at nail art is no secret. I just don't have the finesse required to work with fast drying liquids on multiple tiny curved canvases with equipment so tiny that looks like it was designed to operate on bacteria. 

Hence when I saw this nail art on Corallista, I knew instantly that this would be my project for Sunday Evening, for the following reasons: 

1. It does not require any special equipment like dotters, forceps, blades etc
2. It is a look designed to be messy.
3. I had the colors already sitting on my table.
4. I had nothing better to do this weekend. 




I used Maybelline Colorama Coral Chic as the base color.


Costs Rs. 100/-
I used 3 coats of this. This is a beautiful glossy warm coral color, but it is not very pigmented. Luckily it layers well, dries quickly, and the color builds up by the 3rd coat. 



And for the gold tips, Faces Splash #22 All that Glitter. 
Costs Rs. 90/-
Packed with a ton of golden shimmer, it also layers well & dries down without feeling heavy or goopy. 
I skipped the awesome idea of sprinkling gold dust over the gold top coat when wet for added oomph, because I wasn't sure it would be appreciated in my office. Plus I was scared that I would mess up things. I guess this is the office version. 

Do you see how messy I am even with Glitter? All over my fingers!

Coral Nails with Gold Accents

The base is quite warm toned, so it goes rather well with the Gold Shimmer.

I am actually rather pleased at how easy this is, and how awesome it looks! Thank you Ankita! This is really one of the easiest & best looking nail art that I have attempted in a long time!  

Are you as messy when it comes to nail art? 
What are your dummy-proof designs? 

Comments

  1. am a complete klutz with nail art...! my nails are generally bare... :(

    this looks super pretty... good job done...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anks! I like nail paints a lot coz I feel they tend to make you look more "polished"! Ha ha.. The PJs I crack..

      But I generally mess up those as well, as some of them take really long to dry.

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome Tanveer! I can manage to do a bit of basic nail art but I'm not too good at it - I love the idea of messy glittery nail art! I still have this manicure on my nails since LFW and its not chipped at all. Its definitely one of the nicest nail dos I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ankita! It is the best & easiest nail art that I have seen in a long time! And now it has got my mind racing at all the possible combinations I can attempt - like black & gold :)

      I'm glad to hear that it hasn't chipped. I like nail art that is sturdy! :D

      Delete
  3. I am messy when it comes to painting my nails! let's not even talk about 'nail art'. But I would like to give this a go. A good idea at least for dummies like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! This is the first nail art post I have ever read and could make sense. No matter how well described a tutorial, 'nail art' has never been my cup of tea. Thanks Tanveer for this wonderful post. At least, now I can show my hubby, I can do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty nail art. I love how the pastel pink and the glitter and complementing each other. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same polish and its a nice colour but dont you think its too sheer? Like I need 4-5 coats.
    You can check out my blog too if you like :) www.glamdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a very nice idea to use gold on coral! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a very nice idea to use gold on coral! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the combination! I def want to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing color combination looking awesome, similar nail art available at http://www.majorbrands.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty combi!
    the gold almost gives a rose gold vibe on top of the coral shade
    <3
    xoxo
    new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks really nice and festive. Hope you are doing great, haven't heard from you in long. tc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts