MAC Lustering Lipstick - Review
Finish: Luster (L) Demi-sheer with wet-look lustre finish. Very slick. Makes lips look soft, smooth, ultra-moist.
Price: Rs. 990/- for 3 gms
What makes it easy to wear:
1. The color! Such a gorgeous pretty bright pink. You remember those raspberry dollies we used to have as a kid? The color reminds me of that. It is slightly blue based and a bit on the cooler side. Basically a toned down fuchsia pink that can be worn everyday without looking OTT. I got this on Zara's recommendation after a twitter chat that I had with her. I was confused between this & an Inglot lip pencil.
2. The finish is really pretty. It sets to a sheer & moist look that looks very, very luscious. No shimmer in this lipstick. This finish is also very good if you have dry lips - as it is quite moisturising and it won't settle into lines or migrate all over the face. Since this has a glossy finish, it is also good for girls with thin lips as it helps them look plumper.
3. The lipstick can be used sheerly (1 layer) for those faint at heart & trying out bright pinks for the first time, as well as layered on.
4. Used with MAC Prep + Prime Lip, it stays on a good 4-5 hours.
|MAC Lustering in Sunlight|
5. The rest is common to all MAC lippies - it smells nice (of vanilla), the cap shuts snugly
What makes it difficult to wear:
|MAC Lustering in Shade / Flash|
1. I'm not able to wear this lipstick all by itself on a bare face (unlike Retro or even Hot Tahiti - which I can swipe on a bare face). This lipstick needs a bit of blush & eyeliner or mascara to make it look good.
2. Since the finish is a bit on the sheerer side - it has its own pros & cons. Pro is that since it is sheer it kinds works with your lip color (if it is naturally rosy or pink) to make it look even better & natural. But I think that if someone has brown toned lips the color could look a bit unnatural if applied sheerly.
Recommended: You will love this if
- you have dry lips or thin lips
- you love fuchsia pink shades, but are timid at heart to try the intensely pigmented ones
- you are looking for a fuchsia pink that is neutral enough to wear to office
- you want a cool toned pink that is cool enough to match your skin tone, but not so cool that it looks like that hideous milky pink that p*rn stars wear
Have you tried this lipstick or any other Luster shade?
Which is your favorite fuchsia pink lipstick?