MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick - Review

It claims: Color plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MAC famous

Price: Rs. 990/- for 3 gms

Shade: Hot Tahiti - Glaze Finish - Soft Reddish Coral

What I liked: 

1. The color! MAC says this is a soft reddish coral. By coral here, I don't think they mean the orange - peach undertone. This coral is like that color of the coral stone - a red pink color. This is a very pretty soft red - pink color that looks very soft & sophisticated at the same time. It's the perfect red for all occasions - office, date, party. It goes with most outfits and occasions. The color is very "kissable". It does seem slightly cool toned to me, although I'm not sure tbh. The bullet itself looks a bit intimidating, but applied on the lips - this mellows down a lot.


MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick
2. MAC Says about Glaze finish: Low-colour impact with sheen-style finish. Glazes the lips, makes them shine!


The finish "Glaze" is very moisturisng and has a very pretty sheen to it. You won't need a lip gloss over this. The best part is how easy it is to layer this. For the day, a single swipe or two is sufficent, but for night you can easily layer this on - it deepens into a beautiful soft red that is not garish at all. The formula is amazing and layers easily without getting all goopy. Plus this particular shade doesn't have shimmer - it just has very grown up sheen. 
MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick Swatch - 2 swipes

3. It smells quite nice - that trademark vanilla scent of MAC Lipsticks.

4. Part of permanent line.

What could be better: 


1. I use this over MAC Prep + Prime Lip. If I apply only 1-2 layers it does wear off after 3-4 hours. It lasts long (through a meal) only if 4 to 5 layers are applied.
MAC Hot Tahiti Swatch - 2 Swipes

2. If you have very pigmented lips, this might show up a bit differently on you, as the formula is quite sheer.

3. If you like those very heavy coverage or matt lipsticks, this is not for you.

Recommended: Yes! Especially if you are either afraid of reds or are looking for your first red. This is a very easy to wear color that I think would suit most people quite well. I do suspect this has a slight cool undertone, but I'm not entirely sure. I got this as my Karva Chauth gift last year, and have pretty much worn it down half way in the last eight months. I'm gonna repurchase this when it gets over.

Have you tried this lipstick? Or any other Glaze finish lippie from MAC?

Comments

  1. the color is so beautiful ! I can imagine how pretty you'll look in this :)
    But I don't know why I'm still not able to convince myself to get at least one MAC lipstick.. I think they are too pricey !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palak, so nice to see you here! :)

      I used to feel the same way regarding MAC lippies - overpriced. And my first lipstick - Capricious certainly didn't make me feel very different tbh. But then I lost that one, and wanted another one just for the sake of owning a MAC lipstick. But this time I went armed with tons of reading up on reviews & staring at swatches for hours on end. I knew I wanted a red, and once I applied this in the store - I was convinced. The more I used this, the more I became a fan of MAC Lipsticks.

      Today I own around 8 of these in various shades. And I can vouch for their awesomeness!

      But all said and done, I do get that one may not want to shell out a 1000 bucks for one of these, esp when you get Revlon Super Lustrous (a fab formula, according to me) at half price and some like Maybelline & Colorbar at 1/3 or even 1/4 the price.

      Delete
  2. sweet shade! I might jus go and get my first red :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Kejal, I was forever hunting for my perfect red before I tried this & MAC lipsticks in general. This makes for a very easy first red. I hope you like it! :)

      Delete
  3. Haven't tried any MAC lipsticks so far but dying to lay my hands on it.This shade looks dull to me!! I rather opt for a brighter shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! Good luck on your hunt for a bright MAC lipstick - they have a number of wonderful options. I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

      Delete
  4. nice shade but i better stay away from sheer one...pigmented lips :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this one is quite sheer. If your lips are pigmented a light or rosy pink - this will work well for you.

      Delete
  5. want to try MAC some time soon :) I like this shade very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC Lipsticks are quite addictive for me. Now that I have begun using them, I hardly use any other ones. I hope you like this shade when you go to the store.

      Delete
  6. Wow!that is a gorgeous shade...it is not that a difficult red to wear..I'm sure it would be my go to lipstick if own it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Yes, it is quite easy to wear and plus it compliments my cool undertones quite well.

      Delete
  7. WOW such a lovely shade. Thanks for the review Tanveer:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey tans, u kno I actually thought tis wud b a scary kinda red.. Thanks t ur review I now know how tis truly looks....and it's goin onto my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Zara this is one of the most easily wearable reds I have seen.. The bullet itself looks intimidating so I get how you cld have gotten that impression. It just looks scary.

      Delete
  9. i never tried this due to the finish ... i have 3 LE Glaze finish shades but i have read that finish from permanent line and LE are sometimes different ... not always but yeah they tend to differ in some cases ...
    my all 3 have some weird duo chrome shimmer ...
    but am gonna def. try this on my lips :D :D and it is looking beautifullll and carefree red i guess :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the Glaze finish lipsticks have weirdo duochrome shimmer - except Hot Tahiti & Hue - these two are the only Glaze finish lipticks w/o shimmer :D

      I hope Hot Tahiti impressed you in store, I know that you are a connoisseur of red lipsticks :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts