The Body Shop Balancing Massage Balm - Review

You can see the dent I have made in it already
It offers to: A soothing balm containing traditionally used ingredients known to promote focus, balance and relaxation. Inspired by the holistic tradition of Indian Head Massage. Suitable for all skin types. Ideal for use on the neck and scalp for an invigorating head massage.

A blend of essential oils including palma rosa, peppermint, clary sage, organic juniper and frankincense - Together help to clarify and stimulate the senses and promote a sense of balance and wellbeing

Community Trade organically grown soya oil from Capanema Farmers in Brazil - Is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to restore the skin's moisture barrier, helping to restore smooth, supple skin

Community Trade marula oil from Eudafano Women's Co-operative in Namibia - Is a very effective moisturiser that helps to condition the skin and restore the skin's moisture barrier


Price: Rs. 995 for 85 gm tub (I got this during the sale at 50% off)

Ingredients: 
  • Hydrogenated Coconut Oil
  • Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Almond Oil), 
  • Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), 
  • Cera Alba (White Wax), 
  • Olea Europaea Oil (Olive Oil), 
  • Glycine Soja Oil (Soya Oil), 
  • Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil), 
  • Citrus aurantium amara (Bitter Orange Oil), 
  • Linalool, 
  • Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower Seed Oil), 
  • Juniperus Virginiana Oil (Red Juniper Oil), 
  • Cedrus Atlantica Oil (Cedar Oil), 
  • Geraniol, (palma rosa oil)
  • Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut oil), 
  • Cinnamomum Camphora Bark Oil (Cinnamon Bark Oil), 
  • Cymbopogon Martini Oil, (Palmarosa oil)
  • Mentha spicata, (Spearmint oil)
  • Salvia Sclarea Oil, (Clary Sage Oil)
  • Limonene, 
  • Cupressus Sempervirens Oil, (Cypress Oil)
  • Vetiveria Zizanoides Oil (Khas Khas oil), 
  • Juniperus communis, (Common Juniper oil)
  • Mentha Arvensis Oil, (Mint Oil)
  • Artemisia vulgaris, (Mugwort oil)
  • Ocimum Basilicum Oil, (Sweet Basil Oil)
  • Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil, (Rosemary oil)
  • Boswellia carterii, (Frankincense)
  • Citral, (lemon odor)
  • Cymbopogon citratus, (lemongrass oil)
  • Nardostachys Jatamansi Oil, (Muskroot oil)
  • Nymphaea Coerulea Flower Extract, (Blue Egyptian water lily)
  • Farnesol, 
  • Citric Acid.
How to use: Apply a small amount to the pulse points, or use on the neck and scalp for an invigorating Indian head massage. 


I tend to apply a little bit of this all over my face & neck - might as well put all those lovely oils to good use by moisturizing the skin as well. 


What I liked: 
1. This massage balm smells wonderful - it has a very earthy, aromatic, relaxing smell. Kind of like petrichor (the smell of the earth after the first rains). It is very, very relaxing & really helps me destress. If applied before going to bed, I go to sleep faster & experience a deeper sleep.

2. The ingredient list - it is full of nourishing, wonderful essential oils that are good for the skin. No parabens here. Just a bunch of natural,organic oils.

3. It melts the moment it is applied to skin - you need just a dab to apply on the forehead.

4. It didn't break me out. But then I use this once a week or so.

What could be better: 
1. The price, I got this at a 50% reduction, which I felt was a good deal. But at full price, this is an expensive indulgence.

Would I repurchase: I'm hoping the current tub will last me a good 3 years at least. After that, yes I will repurchase. It is very helpful to relax & destress after a long day at work, it helps me sleep well.

Have you tried this? What do you do to relax on days when sleep eludes you?

Comments

  1. Oh I think this product gives you a Wikipedia of ingredients :)....995 for 85 gms...damn expensive n ya one more doubt ...does it feel sticky in scalp(balm massage on scalp...quiet new to me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shrilata: I have never used this on my scalp or hair coz it has so many oils - only on my face.. it feels like a regular oil, not sticky at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dis sounds new n nice..bt ya better to be purchased at discounts..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanz its an interesting product but tell me one thing did u use it only to relax yourself as u mentioned u didnt used it for head massage?

    sorry for sounding stupid ...:P

    also can we compare it with essential oils?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds wonderful. I need a massage balm, esp for my head

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts