Khadi Sandalwood Soap

Those of you who stay in India must be very well acquianted with the Khadi range of skincare products.

For those who are not here is a brief overview:
The Khadi Village Industries Commission (Govt. Of India) named as 'Gramodaya Ashram' was established in 1963. They are engaged in manufacturing of Khadi fabrics (yea, the same one that Gandhiji spun) as well as herbal items. The items they prepare are handmade by villagers who are trained by the commission. This helps them have an alternate source of income other than labor in the field.

Ok, so now that you all know about Khadi, lets move to the review of their Sandalwood soap.


What the company says: Sandalwood is a must for dry skin, chapped skin and has been in use in India for centuries for its immense healing properties. Its cooling, calming and antiseptic properties soothe problem skin leaving it moisturized and free of infections. The long lasting, cool and woody fragrance of Sandalwood is difficult to define but has always been used to calm the senses and bring about a sense of peace within

Pros:

1. Extremly cooling. This soap is like a breath of cool air after a hard day at office. The moment you wash it off the skin starts to tingle with coolness.
2. Not drying: despite being so cooling, it does not seem to contain menthol and does not dry the skin
3. Imparts a lovely lingering faint sandalwood fragrance to the skin
4. Lathers well and is not disintegrate in water easily.

Cons: 
1. Expensive at Rs. 50 for 125 gms.

Will I buy this again: Yes. This is an expensive soap. There is no getting away from that. But it is so damn refreshing, at the end of a long day, this soap cools down my skin and my mind. It is so perky, it helps me leave all my office tension behind and makes me all nice and happy about the evening (or whatever is left of it) and dinner.

For those interested, you can buy Khadi products at Irla (Mumbai).

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. i loveee khadi products too..have tried almost all the soaps..olive,rose,neem,aloe etc..and i just got 2 of their shampoos(almond-honey,green apple)..
    i also read some good review about khadi moisturizer..cant wait to try it out..also,you might wanna check out earthygoods(earth and soul)for apricot based products..they are giving free samples of soaps,oil,body butter on the website:) i got mine pretty quick!
    anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne, thks for the comment.. I have not tried any of their other soaps or moisturizers. I have tried the Khadi cream face pack which was very good!!

    I did check earthygoods site.. it sounds quite nice, but I have not seen these retail at any place where I shop.. Also maybe they have stopped the free samples promo.. cld not find any such promotions there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried several Khadi products, and especially like the Jasmine lotion. After using it for a week or two somebody I barely knew walked up and complimented my skin! Am working on becoming a distributor of Khadi products in the US but the product line is extensive, so your review has helped me narrow it down. Thank you.
    Kathy - Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kathy: Hey! Welcome! :D

    I will def try out this jasmine lotion you have mentioned.. So cool, must have really gr8 skin for ppl to stop by & compliment you. :D

    Congrats & all the best on your endeavor to become Khadi's distributor! I wish you great success!

    & I am glad I could be of help :D You are most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hv used this Khadi sandal soap & both me & my mum loved it. I hv combination/dry skin, prone to acne & sensitive as well. Not all soaps suit me, not even d original glycerine soap Pears. But this one was bang on!
    After using it, my face didnt feel dry at all, in fact it was moisturised, soft & smooth.
    I felt a little glow on my face which even my mum noticed.
    I love d sandal fragrance it has.
    It doesnt lather much but also very little is used at a time with minimal wastage.

    I totally totally love this soap! The only other soap which has been gud on my skin was Doycare AloeVera soap & Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hv used this Khadi sandal soap & both me & my mum loved it. I hv combination/dry skin, prone to acne & sensitive as well. Not all soaps suit me, not even d original glycerine soap Pears. But this one was bang on!
    After using it, my face didnt feel dry at all, in fact it was moisturised, soft & smooth.
    I felt a little glow on my face which even my mum noticed.
    I love d sandal fragrance it has.
    It doesnt lather much but also very little is used at a time with minimal wastage.

    I totally totally love this soap! The only other soap which has been gud on my skin was Doycare AloeVera soap & Dove.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting article!!
    Never knew activated charcoal could do so much good to my skin! Definitely will try the activated charcoal & green tea soap for skin brightening & pimples.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! Thank you for taking the time out to add your valuable comment. I will revert as soon as possible.

COMMENT MODERATION POLICY FOR ADDICTED TO BLUSH BLOG

I delete blatant self-promotion and comments where it is clear the post material was not carefully read. If you are not going to bother to engage with the post, I am not going to bother posting your comment.

I also delete ALL comments with links - even if the link is to your blog.

Don't be mean to other commentators - it serves no purpose other than showcase your own personality in a bad light.

Popular Posts